Call for Abstracts - Submission Closed
- Enhance your CV and showcase your work to a worldwide audience
- Top 500 abstracts published in an online supplement of BJOG scientific journal
- A wide variety of cash prizes available, including special prizes for authors in Africa
- Categories covering the breadth of O&G
- Three different ways to present:
- Oral Presentation - speak in the main programme
- Video Presentation - great for new techniques
- Electronic Posters - presented on large screens at the congress and published online
All posters at RCOG 2017 will be E-Posters. E-Posters are electronic versions of traditional paper posters. They are electronic and can therefore be displayed in more than one place at a time. Please note that a small fee is applicable for E-poster submissions. You will be notified of the fee in due course.
Interested in submitting an E-Poster? Watch this short video to find out more about E-Posters.
RCOG World Congress 2017: E-Posters from RCOG on Vimeo.
- Contraception and Fertility Control
- Early Pregnancy and Acute Gynae
- Fertility and Reproductive Medicine
- Fetal Medicine
- General Gynaecology (including Menstrual Disorders / Fibroids / Endometriosis / Psychosomatic)
- Global Health
- Gynaecological Endoscopy and Robotic Surgery
- Health in Mid-Life and Beyond (including Menopause/ Vulval Disease)
- Labour and Obstetric Complications
- Maternal Medicine
- Oncology and Colposcopy
- Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology
- Psychosomatic, Biopsychosocial and Psychosexual
- Quality Improvement, Education, Simulation and Patient Safety
- Urogynaecology (including Maternal Birth Trauma)
Successful authors presenting at the Congress are eligible for the following awards:
|Best overall oral presentation ||£ 750.00|
|Young Investigator oral presentation ||£ 250.00|
|Best Video ||£ 500.00|
|Best E-poster ||£ 250.00|
|Best African Poster ||£ 250.00|
|AFOG Prize for Best African Oral Presentations ||First ||£ 400.00
|Second ||£ 240.00|
|Third ||£ 160.00|
Award winners will be announced at the Congress Closing Ceremony.
Submission Guidelines and important information
Please read the following information before submitting your abstract.
A full list of FAQs can be found here: http://www.rcog2017.com/ScientificProgramme/AbstractSubmissionsFAQ.asp
- The Committee reserves the right to decide on the final method of presentation.
- Only abstracts submitted ONLINE will be accepted. Abstracts submitted by fax, email or paper copy will not be considered.
- The RCOG will accept work presented at previous non RCOG UK or International Congresses (maximum of 2 international meetings). Authors must indicate if work has previously been presented both at the point of submission by ticking a box on the submission site and on their final presentation. Previously published work will not be accepted.
- If an abstract is accepted for presentation, at least one author must pay the registration fee to attend the whole Congress.
- Please remember that submitting an abstract does NOT automatically register you as a conference delegate. Conference registration can be done online at a later date
- At least one of the named authors on the abstract must register to attend the conference in full order for the abstract to be presented
- BJOG Supplement:
Only the top 500 abstracts will be published in the BJOG Supplement. Please register by the 6th of January 2017 if you would like your abstract to appear in the BJOG supplement.
The BJOG supplement only includes abstracts presented at the congress so at least one of the authors named on the abstract needs to be registered to attend. Your abstract will not be included if you are not registered by the 6th of January 2017.
- Authors are required to pay a fee for the e-poster service per submission. This should be paid via the e-poster submission site. Full instruction will be given upon acceptance.
- All communications about your abstract submission will be sent to the email address you submit
- We recommend that the user ID and email belong to the main author that will be presenting at the conference
- If you are submitting more than one abstract you can use the same login for each abstract
- You can alter your abstract at any time up to the deadline
- Do not include author names in the title or body of your abstract because a 'blind' reviewing process will be used - you can enter the names online during the submission process
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- Abstract text should clearly state Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusions
- Sources of funding should be indicated at the bottom of the abstract
- Abstracts should refer to completed work and not work in progress, should include details of the results to be presented and should not include phrases such as 'the findings will be described'
- Use standard abbreviations only and place any unusual abbreviation in parenthesis after the full word the first time it appears
- Use generic names of drugs
- References should be kept to a minimum and, ideally, should be consistently presented in Vancouver (numbered) style
REGISTERING AS A USER IN THE ABSTRACT SYSTEM
- Create a new User ID. The system will automatically prompt you with a message to register your details if you have not yet done so.
- Enter your name, surname and email and choose a password.
- Enter any other personal information, such as address, phone number, qualifications etc.
- You will be sent an email confirming your password to access the abstract submission system.
ACCESSING THE SYSTEM
- Every time you need to access the abstract submission system - either to submit an abstract or to amend it - you must log in
- Your username is the email address you gave when you logged on to the system
- You will receive an email confirming your contact details and password
SUBMITTING AN ABSTRACT
The congress offers a text-based submission form where you will be required to enter the information regarding your abstract, such as title, authors, biography, etc. Submitting an abstract is a multi-step process and each step asks several questions:
- Log in to the submission system when you have prepared your abstract - enter your email address and the password you chose when you registered with the system.
- You will be taken to a screen from which the submission process starts. Please read the instructions on this screen carefully. If you want to submit a new abstract you should click the link that says 'Click here to submit a new abstract'.
- Submitting an abstract is a multi-step process. Each step asks several questions. Some questions are marked 'required' and you will not be able to complete your submission until these questions have been answered
- If you have to stop part way through the process your submission will be held in a temporary storage until you return later and complete all of the questions. When you log in again you can click on your incomplete abstract and resume submission.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARATION OF AN ABSTRACT
Enter the title and abstract text, by either copy/pasting from your word file or typing in the information. Remember there is a 50 word limit for the title and 400 word limit for the text. Click "Next" to continue.
TITLE (MAX. 50 WORDS): The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to indicate clearly the nature of the abstract. If you wish to include a subtitle it must be included in this field and included in the 50 word limit.
ABSTRACT (MAX. 400 WORDS): Any abstracts exceeding the word limit will not be accepted.
- References are not required. If you wish to include them, they must be included in the body of your text and included in the 400 word count
- Special symbols and formatting are to be used sparingly. Once your submission is complete, please read your abstract in full to ensure the symbols are displayed correctly, and if not, please click on the "Insert Symbol" icon on the screen to see the list of available symbols
- Do not use tables or figures
- Proposed studies/presentations should be significantly advanced or completed at the time of abstract submission
Enter information about the authors and affiliations. Click "Next" to continue.
- AUTHORS: You MUST enter the names of all authors here (including yourself if you are an author) in the order in which you wish them to appear in the printed text. Names omitted here will NOT be printed in the author index or the final program. Please ensure the spelling of their names and affiliations is correct
- PRESENTERS: The system will only allow you to nominate one presenter, which can be yourself (the person submitting the abstract) or any other of the authors
Enter information about your abstract. Click "Finish" to confirm and finalise your submission.
- PRESENTATION FORMAT: Please select if you wish your abstract to be considered for 'Oral Presentation', 'Video Presentation' or 'Poster Presentation'. The Committee reserves the right to decide on the final method of presentation.
If you have answered all the mandatory questions then your abstract will be assigned a reference number and you will be taken to a summary page.
- REQUIRED FIELDS: Some fields are marked "Required". The system will not accept your abstract until these questions have been answered. If you have not answered all the mandatory questions, your abstract will be held in temporary storage until you return later and complete all the questions
- WORD LIMIT: Please note the system will not accept fields that exceed the word limit, and will not allow you to continue until the word limit is met. Check all the details on the summary page are correct, print or save this page and click "Next". Or, click on the "Back ?" to make any changes
- You will be sent a confirmation email with your submission reference number when your abstract has been submitted successfully
CANCELLING AN ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
If you wish to withdraw an abstract please contact the Conference Secretariat and confirm the withdrawal in writing by email or fax.
SUBMITTING MORE THAN ONE ABSTRACT
If you are submitting more than one abstract, please use the same email address and password for each abstract. Please follow the same steps as above.
AMENDING AN ABSTRACT
You may wish to change your answers to some of the questions on the submission form, or even to change the abstract file itself.
- Log back into the submission system.
- You will see the list of abstracts that you have submitted so far. Click on the abstract that you wish to change.
- Amending an abstract is just the same as the original submission process except that the online form will be automatically filled in with the answers that you gave previously. You don't have to change an answer if you don't want to.
- When you reach the final steps and click 'Finish' you will be sent an email confirming that your abstract has been amended.
If you have any questions regarding submitting an abstract, please contact the Secretariat on Tel: +27 31 368 8000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org